A Complete Guide to Accommodation in Uluwatu, Bali – 22 Best Hotels
Uluwatu is an incredible destination in Bali if you’re looking for complete relaxation, excellent beaches, cliff top views over the Indian Ocean and lots of interesting, cultural attractions. In case you’re preparing for a vacation here, you might be wondering about your best accommodation options in Uluwatu, am I right? In which case, I have good news for you!
The article below will answer all your questions and will provide numerous options for stunningly beautiful accommodation in Uluwatu for all pockets: luxury, mid-range and budget as well. Get ready for an unforgettable stay in Uluwatu, my friends!
By the way! Many people only arrange a day trip to Uluwatu during their stay in Bali, but if you have the time, I really think it would be such a shame not to book a room and stay here for a couple of nights too! After all, there are so many things to do and see here, from adrenaline-inducing water sports to visiting cultural Temples. Plus SO many superb places to stay!
Let’s go, time to find out where to stay in Uluwatu, Bali:
Which is the best area for accommodation in Uluwatu Bali?
In order to choose the best accommodation in Uluwatu for you, you’ll need to think about location, as well as budget. In terms of areas, you might already know that Uluwatu is all about the beaches. In fact, some of the BEST beaches in Bali are located here, so you might want to choose a hotel or resort that has access to a public or private beach.
RELATED READ: 10 Best Things To Do in Uluwatu, Bali – A Complete Guide
Here are some of the best beaches and areas to stay in Uluwatu:
- Padang Padang Beach – Padang Padang offers a little bit of everything and it’s one of the most popular beaches in Uluwatu. You’ll find plenty of cafes here, as well as restaurants. Padang is also a great spot to depart and visit some other beaches too!
- Bingin Beach – Bingin Beach is also among the top 3 popular tourist areas, together with Padang Padang and Uluwatu Beach;
- Uluwatu Beach – also known as Blue Point Beach;
- Suluban Beach – a popular spot among surfers and a great choice if you want to be close to some interesting attractions such as Uluwatu temple;
- Ungasan area – for beach clubs and night owls looking to have some fun in Uluwatu, Bali.
NOTE: If you decide to stay in Uluwatu, keep in mind that you’ll need a scooter to get from your resort to the main attractions and nearby beaches. Alternatively, you can arrange taxis or a private car.
RELATED READ: If you want to read all about my favourite beaches in Uluwatu, I recommend checking out my dedicated article on this subject: 10 Most Beautiful Beaches in Uluwatu, Bali
Now that you know a bit about the best areas and beaches for your stay in Uluwatu, let’s get down to business and find out about some excellent hotels in Uluwatu:
Best resorts in Uluwatu and luxury hotels
If you ask me, I’d say that booking a luxury resort in Uluwatu is one of the best choices if you want to spend your time plunging in a private pool, relaxing on a sunlounger or simply enjoying some incredible food, room service and spa treatments. Most tourists choose a resort or private villas with an ocean view and simply enjoy their time in Uluwatu at the accommodation. The prices for this category can be anything from 150 US$ up per night, depending on your chosen place to stay.
Below you will find my hand-picked selection of amazing luxury Uluwatu hotels and world-class resorts:
- Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort – Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort is a gorgeous resort with a superb infinity pool, a fitness centre, a spa and beautiful private rooms. They have an outdoor elevator that connects from the hotel down to the Beach, which is really cool too. In short, you’ll have everything you ever need for a luxurious stay in Uluwatu!
- Alila Villas Uluwatu – In case you’re looking for a villa with all the benefits of a 5 star hotel, Alila Villas Uluwatu is for you! They have different types of villas to choose from, depending on the number of guests, each with its own private swimming pool. Plus, the entire accommodation is overlooking the Indian Ocean. A bit of Paradise on Earth!
- Ungasan Clifftop Resort – Ungasan Clifftop Resort Bali is another one on my list of famous hotels in Uluwatu. Guests have free access to their Sundays Beach Club. And the cliff-edge infinity pool is simply incredible! In short, Ungasan Clifftop Resort is a secure choice for anyone looking for world-class luxury and spending some quality time in their own villa in Uluwatu.
- Bulgari Resort Bali – Bulgari Resort Bali is a wonderful 5-star Uluwatu accommodation located 150 m above sea level. You can choose from various types of luxury villas with private swimming pools and sundecks and their biggest one can fit up to 6 people. Plus, Bulgari Resort Bali is located only 4km away from Padang Padang Beach and Uluwatu Temple.
- The Edge Bali – In case you’ve already done some research on Uluwatu, you’ve surely seen The Edge Hotel Uluwatu Bali and their incredible cliffside pool! Here you can stay in 5-star luxury villas and enjoy treatments at the spa, a relaxing walk in their garden, free breakfast and more! Superb ocean views included!
- Suarga Padang Padang – Suarga Padang is a gorgeous, sustainable boutique resort located on a cliff, right above Padang Padang Beach. I think it’s one of the best choices if you want to enjoy world-class service, gorgeous rooms and easy access to one of the most popular beaches in all of Uluwatu. Plus, it’s also pretty close to Suluban Beach and Uluwatu Temple as well. I know Suarga Padang is last on this list, but it actually comes up high on my list of recommended places to stay in Uluwatu!
- La Cabane Bali – This 4-star accommodation looks like it was taken from a dream! They have beautiful, spacious wooden bungalows, each with its own terrace. How awesome is that? The list of amazing amenities is completed with an outdoor pool, a spa and wellness centre, a restaurant, a bar and more!
- Bingin Cliff House – Last but not least, this beachfront villa is an impeccable choice if you’re looking for picture-perfect accommodation with all the amenities you might need. This one is only available through Airbnb and it’s the perfect spot for complete relaxation!
Mid-range stay in Uluwatu, Bali
In case you don’t want to spend a fortune on accommodation but still want to enjoy some luxury, this hotel category is definitely for you. The prices here range from 60 to 150 US$. My entire list of recommended accommodation in Uluwatu below offers superb rooms or private villas, incredible perks such as a convenient location, beach clubs nearby and private pools as well. Scroll down, I’m sure you’ll find the perfect place to stay for your budget:
- Dreamsea Bali – Looking for a superb resort with affordable rates? This one’s for you! Dreamsea Bali is a pretty popular option and the reasons are pretty clear: gorgeous, Instagrammable rooms, a restaurant, a bar and more. Best of all? Its beachfront location, which is simply unbeatable!
- Gravity Hotel Bali – This boutique hotel is highly rated for cleanliness by its past guests, which I think it’s a great plus right from the beginning. The guestrooms are very stylish and the outdoor pool is simply stunning. Moreover, they also have a cute garden, a restaurant, a bar and laundry facilities as well.
- Mule Malu Tropical Stay – If your dream location needs to be close to Bingin Beach, Impossible Beach and Padang Padang, then Mule Malu may be for you! All their rooms have a pool view and I truly believe it is one of the best places to stay in Bali Uluwatu if you’re looking for good value for the money! Reviews are saying that their on-site restaurant has amazing food as well and breakfast can be included for an extra fee.
- Radisson Blu Bali Uluwatu – Except for a good restaurant, private parking and free wifi, there are countless other amazing perks to be found at this 5-star accommodation. Radisson Blu is located only 2 km away from Balangan Beach Uluwatu and all their rooms have either a pool view or garden views. Sounds pretty cool, right?
- Canang Villas Bingin – If you prefer some reasonably priced villas instead of a hotel for your accommodation in Uluwatu, I totally recommend Canang. This Uluwatu accommodation is located only 1km away from Bingin Beach and each unit here has a private patio, a kitchenette and some have a delicious free breakfast included too.
- Hari Indah Boutique Hotel – This 4-star guest house is one of the best places to stay if you want to be close to both Bingin Beach and Padang Padang Beach in Uluwatu. And the list of activities here is quite exciting as well: snorkelling, windsurfing and golfing. What can you wish for from your Uluwatu accommodation?
- 14 Palms – If you want to enjoy a comfortable, 4-star stay in Uluwatu only 10 minutes by car from Melasti Beach, Pandawa Beach and Green Bowl Beach, this place is for you! All private rooms here are gorgeous and some even have sea or pool views. And the outdoor pool, barbecue and sun terrace are some other nice perks at this accommodation!
Budget Uluwatu accommodation - guesthouses and hotels
I know I have some incredible, luxurious villa and resort recommendations above, but let me tell you one thing and let me be completely honest with you: you can find somewhere incredible to stay in Uluwatu on a budget. Yes, you can pay a small price per night (after all, some people go to Bali and Uluwatu for this exact reason!) and enjoy excellent facilities and beautiful rooms. All the Uluwatu hotels I’m mentioning below have prices ranging from 20 US$ and up to 60 US$ per night. Let’s check out my list of great, cheap places to stay in Uluwatu:
- The Inn Possible – A beautiful plunge pool, free wifi, air-conditioned rooms, late breakfast at the restaurant and superb reviews – The Inn Possible is such a great hotel choice in Uluwatu if you’re looking for a comfortable budget stay! Plus, it’s only a 2-minute walk away from Bingin Beach – how awesome is that? While you’re at Bingin, make sure you check out The Cashew Tree Restaurant as well!
- Uluwatu Breeze Village – Superb rooms at a very accessible price? Yes, sir, count me in! This gorgeous holiday park has clean and stylish rooms (all with air conditioning), an outdoor pool, as well as a European restaurant. And it’s only a 10-minute walk from Padang Padang Beach and close to Uluwatu Temple too!
- Telaga Sari – This beautiful Uluwatu accommodation is located only 500m away from Bingin Beach and Padang Padang Beach, so the location is one of its best advantages. Other than this, you will surely enjoy the clean private rooms, outdoor pool, room service, garden and everything in-between. Are you ready for some complete relaxation in Bali?
- Villa Melasti – Complimentary wifi, outdoor pool, proximity to Karma Beach and Sundays Beach Club and more – all these make this Uluwatu accommodation such an incredible choice! You can choose from a king room or a double room, some with a garden view and some with a pool view. An excellent spot for a relaxed Bali vacation!
- BoHo Bingin Beach Bali – This great bed and breakfast in Uluwatu is only a 5-minute walk from Bingin Beach, so the location is pretty flawless. The room options vary depending on your needs and you can even choose from a private apartment with ocean views if you want some extra comfort.
- La Joya Biu Biu Resort – In case you want to book a room in a beautiful resort for a very good price for your stay in Uluwatu, this is where you can find it! Some awesome facilities here include two infinity pools, a fabulous breakfast, a good location (150m from the beach!) and super clean rooms.
- The Room Padang-Padang – If you want to be close to Padang Padang Beach, Bingin Beach and Impossible Beach as well, you should check out this place! They have a very good on-site restaurant, various types of rooms depending on your number of guests (2 to 4 people) and a nice beachfront location. In short, this hotel is a great option for your stay in Uluwatu Bali!
That’s it! This was my complete guide that will help you find the PERFECT place to stay in Uluwatu, Bali. Regardless if you’re looking for a luxury resort, a budget guesthouse or private villas with their own private pools and perks, I’m sure you’ll find something on one of my lists above! I have broken down my recommendations by budget, but keep in mind that all of them have an excellent location, close to at least a couple of beaches.
This being said, I’m pretty convinced you’ve already found a place to stay in Uluwatu after reading this post. And because accommodation isn’t everything, I recommend clicking here to find all my posts about Bali and more precious tips for your trip to Uluwatu – things to do there, how to go cliffside paragliding, which beaches are worth visiting, and more.