Where To Stay in Ubud – A Selection of 26 Hotels for All Budgets
People from all around the world travel to Ubud in Bali each year in order to find peace, relaxation, culture, great food and unforgettable experiences.
If you’re one of them, you must be wondering where to stay in Ubud during your trip, right? In which case, I’m here to help! In this post, I have gathered all my best recommendations for the best hotels in Ubud for all pockets – luxury, middle-priced and budget as well. Scroll down to find the perfect places to stay for you!
Ubud is one of the best places to stay in Bali for a couple of reasons. First, it’s a wonderful place full of things to do and sights to see, from fun activities in the centre to the rice fields on the outskirts. Plus, the lush, jungle location is pretty great. But, most of all, there are SO many excellent hotels in Ubud Bali that offer everything you can imagine, from superb rooms to gorgeous infinity pools. Trust me, depending on which resort or villa you choose, you might end up spending a big part of your time simply enjoying all the on-site facilities.
Let’s find out where to stay in Ubud Bali:
First of all, which is the best area to stay in Ubud?
When deciding where to stay in Ubud, you must think about the best areas as well. This, of course, depends on what you’re looking for and what type of traveller you are. You have two big options here: inside Ubud town and outside of the centre, aka near the pretty rice fields in the surrounding villages.
INSIDE UBUD TOWN
A big part of the best hotels in Ubud are located around the main road, Monkey Forest or Penestanan. Choosing hotels in these areas means that you’ll be within walking distance of shops and restaurants, so you won’t need to struggle with transportation or carefully organising your itinerary.
OUTSIDE UBUD TOWN
If you’re looking to be surrounded by lush nature and big rice fields, staying a bit outside of town, in nearby villages, is the best choice. Tegallalang is the place where the rice terraces are, but you can also stay in Raya Bunutan, Pejeng, Tirta Tawar or Suweta.
All my recommendations for the best hotels in Ubud below are broken down by budget – luxury resorts and villas, hotels that offer a good value for money and budget places as well. I also have two bonus categories for those looking for romantic boutique hotels for their honeymoon or families travelling with kids. Enjoy!
Best luxury hotels in Ubud, Bali
If you’re looking for a big splurge and a spoiled stay in one of the best Ubud luxury hotels, you can choose from two main options: a luxury resort or private villas. The prices in this category can be anything from 150 US$ and up, some rooms or villas can even reach 900 US$ per night. Needless to say that the facilities here are flawless and an infinity pool is almost mandatory. Let’s see your best options:
Best resorts in Ubud
- Mandapa Ritz Carlton Ubud – Mandapa Ritz Carlton Reserve is high up in everyone’s recommendations. The reasons are pretty clear if you ask me: a gorgeous pool, spa, wellness centre, luxurious suites and villas to choose from… Surely the best Ubud accommodation for those that want to be spoiled in an unforgettable resort!
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan – Four Seasons Resort Bali is another flawless choice for a luxury stay in Ubud. They have a beautiful infinity pool, no less than 4 dining options and an on-site resort spa with all kinds of treatments. And the location of the Four Seasons Resort is right near Ayung River offers an amazing view over lush vegetation and pretty rice paddies!
- Adiwana Resort Jembawan – This is one of the prettiest 4-star resorts in Ubud that has gorgeous rooms, an outdoor private pool, spa and yoga facilities as well. I totally recommend it for an unforgettable stay in Bali – plus, it’s only 1km away from the Monkey Forest and 500m from Ubud Market!
- Bisma Eight – Bisma Eight is a famous 5-star Ubud accommodation. It’s located only a few minutes away from the city centre and they have an outdoor pool with controlled temperature, free wifi and contemporary, spacious rooms. In short, Bisma Eight is a superb place where you can experience some real Ubud luxury!
- Tejaprana Resort & Spa – This gorgeous Ubud hotel is located inside Ubud city centre, around 5km from the Monkey Forest and 4km from Ubud Market. Some beautiful rice fields are right nearby which make for some great walks in nature. In terms of facilities, this is one of the best places to stay thanks to the beautiful rooms and villas with a valley view, infinity swimming pool and on-site restaurant.
- The Kayon Jungle Resort by Pramana – If you’re looking for a superb hotel in Ubud surrounded by tropical greenery on top of a cliff, this one is perfect for your stay in Ubud! This 5-star resort has Balinese architecture, an outdoor private pool, modern rooms and more. Plus, it’s located only 1.3 km away from the Tegalalang Rice Paddies!
Luxury private villas in Ubud Bali
- Adiwana Arkara Villa – In case you’re wondering where to stay in Ubud in order to benefit from a private pool overlooking lush nature, spacious rooms, a gorgeous garden and a pretty dining area, these villas are for you! Plus, you can choose from different types of villas, each with its own private pools!
- Ayuterra Resort – This 5-star Ubud luxury accommodation is located in a superb setting, with a gorgeous pool overlooking the mountains and Ayung River, plus private pools for each villa. I think this is the best Ubud villa for your stay if you want a complete splurge! Good for couples as well!
- Amora Ubud Boutique Villas – If you’re looking for villas in Ubud that offer facilities similar to luxury boutique hotels, this one is for you! You can choose from a valley villa, terrace villa or royal villa, all offering everything you might need for an unforgettable stay in Bali!
- Villa Sindu Ubud – Here’s another gorgeous option for those looking for a superb Ubud villa. This huge villa for up to 6 people is located in the center of Ubud, around 3km away from the Monkey Forest. The river and garden views are simply unforgettable!
- Aria Villas Ubud – These villas are located in the heart of Ubud, only a short walk away from everything in the centre. You can choose from different villas depending on your needs, each with its own private pool overlooking the valley. So if you’re looking for a relaxing place to stay, Aria Villas Ubud is for you!
Mid-range hotels in Ubud, Bali
In case you don’t have a big budget to spend on Ubud hotels, this category is for you. Here you will find some excellent options for mid-range accommodation in Ubud aka good value hotels! The prices for all the hotels in Ubud Bali below range from 55 to 150 US$ and they offer everything you may want. Let’s see my selected options:
- Adiwana Monkey Forest – Ah, I can’t even begin to explain how beautiful this resort is! One of the highlights of this place is their private garden full of lush greenery and even a gorgeous bridge that makes for unique photo opportunities. I think it’s one of the best Ubud hotels because you’ll have all the luxury you need for a very good price!
- Ladera Villa Ubud – Ladera is a superb place to stay that offers everything you could find in a 5-star boutique hotel – a private pool, a garden and a great location in the centre of Ubud, 9 km from Tegallalang Rice Terraces and walking distance to the Monkey Forest. In short, it’s a stunning villa in Ubud village!
- Sri Ratih Cottages – This 4-star hotel is part of my list of Ubud best spots! If you’re looking for accommodation in Ubud that offers pretty Balinese rooms and a surreal setting surrounded by lush greenery, this should be one of the top places to stay for you!
- Puri Sebali Resort – This 4-star resort in Bali Ubud boasts a pool and unique views of rice fields. It’s located in Ubud village, only 15 minutes by car or scooter from Ubud Market and the rooms are a nice mix of modern and traditional furnishings. Amazing prices for Bali too!
- Alila Ubud – Last but not least, there’s Alila Ubud, another amazing choice for a valuable stay in Ubud! This 5-star resort has different rooms for different prices, all depending on what you’re looking for your stay in Ubud. But the service is flawless regardless of your chosen type of accommodation!
Best places to stay in Ubud on a budget
I know I recommended quite a lot of gorgeous, luxurious places to stay in Ubud Bali above, but let me tell you: Ubud can be budget-friendly, too! Bali is actually renowned for its accessible prices and the same applies to Ubud too. All the accommodations below are priced between 20 and 55 US$ per night. Awesome, right?
- Ubud Dedari Villas – Do you plan on staying in Ubud Bali without breaking the bank? No worries, this budget accommodation is a dream come true! And trust me, only the prices are “budget” here, as the entire holiday park is rated at 4-stars and it has spacious rooms, private balconies, a pool and massage services as well. Cheap doesn’t mean “bad” here!
- The Alena a Pramana Experience – This is another great pocket-friendly place to stay in Ubud that offers 4-star service, an outdoor pool, a sun terrace, free Wi-Fi and free shuttles to the surrounding area. And the price can be as little as 50 US$ per night!
- Bucu View Resort a Pramana Experience – Here’s yet another one on my list of best places to stay in Ubud Bali! This quiet, laid-back resort has a beautiful pool, a spa, air-conditioned bungalows and private bathrooms, all for some very accessible prices! Hurry and book a room here if you want to enjoy a spoiled experience in Bali Ubud without spending a ton of money!
- Alas Petulu Villa Resort and Spa – Last but not least, here’s the best Ubud resort that offers very good value for money in my opinion! The prices are as low as 43 US$ per room per night and the list of facilities is pretty much endless: 3 swimming pools, villas with kitchens, free Wi-Fi, amazing location, and a spa and wellne
BONUS: Where to stay in Ubud Bali for a honeymoon
Okay, Bali Ubud is a well-known location to spend your honeymoon or to simply book an unforgettable getaway as a couple. So the next question that arises is: where to stay in Ubud for a romantic experience? I did my research and I can recommend any of the three options below:
- Viceroy Bali – I’m pretty sure you heard of the Viceroy Bali before and, if not, you’ll find it pretty high in ratings when searching for a resort in Bali Ubud. The superb setting near rice fields, the main infinity pool, the jungle views, the luxurious villas – all these make the Viceroy a popular, highly-rated vacation spot in Ubud among travellers and couples looking for a special experience.
- Tirta Arum – Undecided between a resort or a private villa for your Bali trip? At Tirta you have both options: you can choose from luxurious rooms or a gorgeous Ubud villa that you can have all to yourself. Regardless of your choice, you’ll surely enjoy the outdoor pool, terrace, balconies, yummy breakfast and more. I can surely recommend a villa with a private swimming pool if you want to really enjoy a romantic yet authentic Bali experience!
- Hanging Gardens of Bali – Hanging Gardens is a famous Ubud hotel and one of the best choices for all couples looking to relax during a proper Bali vacation. They have a gorgeous pool, sun loungers, an on-site spa, free bikes to rent, a hair salon (what?!), a beautiful garden and everything in-between! Trust me, you’ll never want to leave this place!
BONUS #2: Where to stay in Ubud with a family
In case you’re wondering where to stay in Ubud with your family or kids, I got you! I have selected some very good places to stay that have big rooms with multiple beds and other kid-friendly facilities. Yes, Ubud, and Bali in general, is not only for groups of friends or romantic honeymooners but for families as well! Here are your best options:
- Calma Ubud Suite & Villas – This is an amazing 4-star place to stay with your family and little ones! I recommend the two-bedroom villa that’s big enough (100 sqm) and super pretty as well, with its own terrace and a pool with a view. Plus the pretty main pool with views of the rice fields!
- Umah Bali Villa – This beautiful villa can fit up to 6 people, which makes it perfect for a family with kids and a couple of friends as well. The villa has its own pool with a view, as well as mountain views and lots of amenities such as a hot tub, washing machine, children’s high chair, coffee maker and more!
- River Sakti Ubud by Prasi – This gorgeous resort is similar to a boutique hotel with lots of amazing amenities! Some of the kid-friendly perks include a children’s menu, a cot upon request, an extra bed upon request for children over 5 years old and more. Needless to say that their pool is stunning and their “entire villa” option is huge and very accessible in terms of price.
Okay, now I’m sure you have it down when it comes to where to stay in Ubud, as I have answered pretty much every question you might have about the best hotels in Bali Ubud! Regardless if you’re looking for a kick-ass resort with an infinity pool overlooking the rice paddies (such as the Four Seasons, the Viceroy Bali or the Hanging Gardens) or pocket-friendly, budget accommodation in the centre of Ubud, you have everything you might want in the post above!
People from all around the world head to Bali each year for an unforgettable vacation and world-class relaxation and beautiful Ubud is one of the top spots for this. In case you need more help and precious tips that will help you organise the BEST vacation in Bali ever, I recommend clicking here to find all my articles about this stunning destination that I get to call home.