Phuket is an amazingly hot destination in Thailand for all beach bums out there, but did you know there’s more to this holiday destination than this? Phuket Old Town completely contrasts the rest of the island by giving the opportunity to explore its colonial houses and local markets. You’ll find lots of entertainment, food and cafes in Phuket Old Town, where you can treat yourself to some amazing awakening-brews, sweet treats, and much more!
I know I told you about what to do in Phuket Old Town in this dedicated article – Phuket Old Town, Thailand – Quick Travel Guide – but today I want to tell you everything about the best coffee in Phuket!
You may already know I’m a sucker for cosy, Instagrammable cafes that serve a good cup of brewed goodness (or a cup of matcha or tea for me, please!), so I just couldn’t help myself not to make a top list for Phuket Old Town as well.
Are you ready to read all about the best cafes in Phuket Town?
3 Best cafes in Phuket Old Town - GATW approved!
All the coffee shops below tick all the important aspects for me: pretty aesthetics, good menu and excellent serving. These are my top 3 Phuket cafe choices, but below you can find an extra list of options in case you need it/have more time on your hands:
1 - Annytime Dessert and Tea Cafe
Annytime is such a stunningly good cafe in Phuket! With pink walls in a shade of blush, extravagant flower arrangements and prettily presented cakes and drinks to match, Annytime’s aesthetics are totally on point.
Not only have they set up a number of picture-perfect spots (both inside and outside) to get snap-happy, but their cakes and desserts are irresistibly indulgent for those with a sweet tooth. The menu includes the likes of triple chocolate pancakes, pink peach ice teas, liquid centred lava cakes and a wide range of bubble tea options. The menu is quite specific to deserts, but honestly, they are seriously good at what they serve up!
OPENING HOURS: Daily: 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
ADDRESS: เลขที่ 2/22 Dibuk Rd, Tambon Talat Yai, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket 83000. Find it on Google Maps here.
FACEBOOK: Annytime Phuket
FOR THE GRAM: annytime_dessert_tea
2 - Gallery Cafe by Pinky
If you love food as much as you love your cup of coffee, this one’s definitely for you! Gallery Cafe is right in the centre of Phuket Old Town, at the end of the main Art Street. The café highlights both European and Thai dishes made by a Thai chef with experience working in the competitive culinary scene of London – how awesome is that?!
The menu is extensive and offers a ton of different options for breakfast and lunch, from smoothie bowls to burgers to roast Sunday dinners (huge servings, by the way!). I recommend the vegan cakes and the coffee – needless to say that both are pretty amazing.
- Tuesday – Sunday: 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Closed on Mondays
ADDRESS: 19 Yaowarat Rd, ตำบล ตลาดใหญ่ Mueang Phuket District, Phuket 83000. Find it on Google Maps here.
FACEBOOK: Gallery Cafe By Pinky (Phuket Town)
FOR THE GRAM: gallerycafephuket
3 - The Tent
The Tent easily qualifies as Phuket’s comfiest café. This breakfast and brunch spot welcomes you with pillow seating inside tipi tents set up around low coffee tables. And I think that’s soooo cute! But if sitting in a tipi isn’t your thing, they also have normal tables to choose from.
It may be a novelty idea, but the decor is so cute and inviting and the menu is filled with great international choices. The smoothie bowls are super refreshing, with lots of toppings and they also serve a number of local Thai dishes and the worldwide favourite, avocado toast.
The staff were super lovely and the food was good, so I can confidently say that The Tent was by far my favourite Phuket town cafe!
- Daily: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Closed on Wednesdays
ADDRESS: 16 Thepkrasatree Rd, ตำบล ตลาดใหญ่ Mueang, Phuket 83000. Find it on Google Maps here.
FACEBOOK: The Tent Phuket
FOR THE GRAM: @thetentphuket
BONUS: 7 Other notable cafes in Phuket Town
In case you have more time to explore and you’re in need of more amazing coffee in your cup, you can browse the list below which includes some other excellent choices for coffee shops in Phuket Town – plus some pretty stunning Instagrammable spots as well! In all honesty, I didn’t get to try them out, but I’ve only heard good things about the following places:
- Feelsion Cafe – in case you’re a fan of vintage items, Instagrammable desserts and quirky decor, Feelsion Cafe (not Feelston) is for you! They have different rooms, large enough to fit plenty of people and some perky decorations such as skeletons, statues, lots of plants and more. It looks stunning, really!
- Delico Decoration Coffee & Dessert – an excellent combo of good coffee and superb interior decor, Delico offers endless corners fit for your Instagram pictures. Gorgeous is a serious understatement.
- Thailand #31 – one of the best things about this place is that they only use products and ingredients from local farmers – how awesome is that? Plus, the decor is also extremely nice!
- Endless Summer Coffee Shop – if you fancy a place where you can both drink some coffee and shop for clothes and accessories as well!
- Bookhemian – this cosy cafe-mini-bookshop combo is a perfect choice if you want to spend a couple of hours relaxing and reading. Yes, you can also buy the books or even catch a movie on the second floor!
- Rush Coffee – cups of good brews and bags of roasted beans is what you can get here, as well as some freshly baked foods. Ah, and you’ll surely be pleased by the dark blue facade and the crazy scent of fresh beans. Some people even say that here you can find the best coffee in Phuket Old Town, but there’s only one way to find out, right?
- Eleven Two & Co. – this one’s a true oasis of relaxation. They have a cosy, sunny backyard where you can unwind, delicious Asian-Western dishes to choose from and, of course, very good coffee.
This was my complete list of comfy, cute spots to drink your coffee in Phuket Old Town! In case you were searching for the best coffee shop in Phuket for your upcoming trip, I’m absolutely convinced you’ll find it in one of my lists above – I included 3 amazing cafes that I tested myself with a bonus list of 7 spots that I didn’t get to visit, but are pretty popular and have excellent reviews.